The Final of Us Half I has obtained a brand new patch (v126.96.36.199) that addresses audio, UI, and visible fixes, in addition to introduces new Audio Compatibility choices and numerous enhancements all through the sport. Nvidia customers are suggested to download the latest version of the GeForce Game Ready driver (531.61) to make sure optimum efficiency.
The patch consists of new Audio Compatibility choices, permitting gamers to regulate Output Mode and Latency. Output Mode helps customers experiencing muffled, lacking, or unusually quiet audio, whereas Latency changes can enhance the reliability of audio playback. The sport should be restarted for Latency modifications to take impact.
The replace additionally options improved keyboard and mouse controls, enabling gamers to reassign arrow keys. Moreover, the ‘Constructing Shaders %’ UI has been up to date for extra evenly tracked progress, and audio has been restored within the Finish Credit accessed through the primary sport, Left Behind, or Extras Menu.
Varied crash fixes have been carried out, together with these associated to opening a collectible within the backpack UI and sitting or coming into fight areas. Texture high quality points have additionally been addressed, making certain in-game texture high quality matches the focused high quality setting.
A number of fixes have been made to the participant’s backpack UI, together with correct rendering after altering Render Scale. Moreover, quite a few points associated to NPC habits, flashlight utilization, and lighting have been resolved. The patch additionally fixes discrepancies between the Steam and Epic shoppers’ collectible monitoring and the in-game collectible monitoring, permitting for correct achievement unlocking.
Picture Mode has seen enhancements as nicely, with fixes to the Display Reader and Efficiency stats’ HUD. Particular chapters within the sport, together with Lakeside Resort, Invoice’s City, Tommy’s Dam, The College, and Bus Depot, have obtained bug fixes and diminished load instances. New Recreation+ mode and Left Behind Standalone points have additionally been addressed.
Accessibility enhancements embody the flexibility to make use of Display Magnifier with KBM controls. Localization updates have been made for the German and Chinese language translations. The patch additionally consists of fixes and enhancements particular to the Epic Video games Retailer, Steam, Steam Deck, AMD, and Nvidia platforms.
Right here’s the total listing of patch notes from the official website:
- Added new Audio Compatibility choices (Choices > Audio > Compatibility)
- Output Mode: Modify which sounds are performed by way of the OS spatial sound driver. Choose completely different settings for those who expertise muffled, lacking, or unusually quiet audio. If you’re experiencing abnormally quiet music or dialogue throughout cutscenes, for instance, strive the Spatial mode as a substitute of the Hybrid default.
- Latency: Modify the brief interval of delay between when a sound impact is requested and when it performs. Larger latency improves reliability of audio playback, particularly on decrease spec CPUs. Enhance this worth in case you are experiencing pops, clicks, or distorted sound. Larger latencies additionally resolve points with audio interfaces configured with giant buffer sizes and a few wi-fi headphones. Observe: You should restart the sport for this modification to take impact.
- Up to date keyboard and mouse (KBM) controls to permit gamers to reassign arrow keys
- Up to date the ‘Constructing Shaders %’ consumer interface (UI) so progress is tracked extra evenly
- Restored audio within the Finish Credit which can be accessed through the primary sport, Left Behind, or Extras Menu
- Mounted a crash which will happen when opening a collectible within the backpack UI then making an attempt to restart or give up the sport
- Mounted a crash which will happen whereas sitting (for prolonged instances) or coming into into fight areas
- Mounted a difficulty the place texture high quality in-game seems decrease then the focused high quality setting
- Mounted a difficulty the place the participant’s backpack UI may fail to render after altering Render Scale (Choices > Show > Decision Scaling > Scaling Mode > Render Scale)
- Mounted a difficulty the place an enemy NPC could T-pose if Joel performs a single enter quickturn whereas holding mentioned enemy
- Mounted a difficulty the place toggling participant character’s flashlight could trigger the surroundings to visibly shift momentarily
- Mounted a difficulty the place utilizing the flashlight in darker areas could make the lighting seem corrupted
- Mounted a difficulty the place lighting and fog could seem decrease decision on Extremely settings
- Mounted a difficulty the place VRAM utilization UI didn’t correctly replace when decreasing the show decision
- Mounted a difficulty the place water reflections could seem corrupted or pixelated
- Mounted a difficulty the place the Quicktime Occasions UI prompts weren’t rendering on Minimal spec setups
- Mounted a difficulty the place quickly shifting left and proper whereas aiming could trigger unintended digicam shifts
- Mounted a difficulty the place the Steam and Epic shoppers’ collectible monitoring didn’t match the in-game collectible monitoring, stopping achievements from unlocking
- Mounted a difficulty the place, if taking part in at a better FPS, participant animations could not play appropriately
- [Photo Mode] Mounted a difficulty the place the Display Reader wouldn’t register KBM ‘Transfer’ and ‘Rotate’ inputs
- [Photo Mode] Mounted a difficulty the place the Efficiency stats’ heads-up show (HUD) would nonetheless be seen after hiding the menu
- [Lakeside Resort, Bus Depot] Elevated lively loading to scale back load instances throughout gameplay
- [Bill’s Town] Mounted a difficulty the place gamers could lose the flexibility to cancel their reload whereas hanging in Invoice’s lure
- [Tommy’s Dam] Mounted a difficulty the place interacting with the Coaching Guide forces the participant to select up the El Diablo gun and locks digicam motion
- [The University] Mounted a difficulty the place, after Joel kicks the door open, the melee immediate disappears whereas he struggles with an enemy NPC
- [Lakeside Resort] Mounted a difficulty the place a loading display could show throughout fight
- [Lakeside Resort] Mounted a difficulty the place participant is unable to melee with fists after the David boss combat
- [Bus Depot] Mounted a difficulty the place items of geometry would seem corrupted or explode
- [New Game+] Mounted a difficulty the place New Recreation+ mode could be ignored throughout chapter choice regardless of being the final loaded sport
Left Behind Standalone
- Restored audio within the closing flashback cutscene with Ellie and Riley
- Mounted a crash that happens when turning on the generator whereas each Ellie and Joel have customized skins enabled
- Mounted a difficulty within the mall the place the banners above the collapsed Pixitek retailer visibly flicker after leaving the pet retailer
- Mounted a difficulty the place, after resizing the sport to Windowed Mode, the Riley pendant wouldn’t keep its facet ratio whereas rotating
- Mounted a difficulty the place gamers have been unable to make use of Display Magnifier with KBM controls
- [German] Up to date the interpretation on the shaders UI
- [Simplified/Traditional Chinese] Mounted a difficulty the place glyphs wouldn’t render correctly
Epic Video games Retailer
- Mounted a difficulty the place the “Attending to Know You” achievement wouldn’t unlock throughout pure gameplay development
- Mounted a difficulty the place spores on the planet could seem corrupted or blocky
- Mounted a difficulty the place the native UI overlapped the ‘Look’ immediate
- Mounted a difficulty the place the DualSense movement sensor operate could not register the participant shaking the digicam to repair the flashlight when prompted
- [Left Behind] Elevated the scale of the Arcade’s mini-game button consumer interface
- Mounted a difficulty the place toggling the participant character’s flashlight could trigger the surroundings to look corrupted momentarily if AMD FSR 2 was enabled
- Mounted a difficulty the place working the sport on Extremely settings on Nvidia GPUs could trigger graphical corruption or a crash throughout gameplay
- Mounted a crash which will happen when loading right into a save on an Nvidia GPU
- Mounted a difficulty the place altering NVIDIA DLSS Tremendous Decision Sharpening settings had no impact
- [Nvidia 3070 GPU] Elevated degree of element of characters’ hair to look much less uneven